Saturday 19 February 2011

All part off the learning curve






Today ,having left 3 commissioned portraits paintings with the client ,to live with for a while;I have heard that she doesn't want any of them ,a bit of a blow ,but then I do understand that this is bound to happen once in a while . It s a learning curve I am telling myself ,at least I get to keep the paintings and maybe although she has nt identified with them ,that dose nt make them bad paintings;in fact I think they are ok paintings ,they certainly took a great deal of time and energy to paint .So here they are tell me what you think .I am ok with it it s part of the deal that if they a client does nt like them they dont have to have them ,I think thats fair .

2 comments:

  1. Billie I don't think there is anything wrong with the paintings and can't really understand why the lady didn't like them, maybe she had a very specific idea about what she wanted and didn't know how to verbalise it to you...?? I had that problem many times working as an interior designer, but as you say it is part of the learning proces. Silvi

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think they are highly evocative, especially the completed profile. It’s a shame the client didn’t want them, but on the other hand you must have a lot of very satisfied customers!
    John Whapshott

    ReplyDelete